Radioactivity Lab contains NaI Gamma Ray Spectroscopy system which is used for radionuclides identification and/or quantification by analysis of the gamma-ray energy produced in a gamma-ray spectrometer. Gamma Ray Spectrometer consists of:
1. 905-4 NaI Scintillation Detector, 3x3-in. crystal, 3-in. tube
2. digit BASE 14-Pin PMT Base for NaI Application
3. LEAD SHIELD G-5 Table-Top Lead Shield for NaI detector
4. A35-B32 ScintiVision-32 Gamma-Ray Analysis with NaI
- Scientific Research in nuclear Technology
- Radioactive measurements for different environmental samples including soil, food, water, building materials…etc.
- Sample analyses and Uranium concentration measurements in addition to more than 20 elements.
- Measurements of gamma emitters' concentrations which contain more than 200 radioisotopes in different environmental samples.
- Scanning of imported products
- Determination of Uranium concentration in different places of Iraq by analysis of natural radioactivity samples (NORM).
- Radon gas Measurements using Nuclear Track Method CR-39 for different environmental samples.